Become a Fort Hill Natural Gas Customer
If you would like to speak to someone in our Customer Service Department about starting service, please come by any of our three locations or call 1-800-573-5556 and a Customer Service Representative will be happy to assist you. Click here to Apply Online
To see if natural gas is available at your home click here.
When applying for new service, it is helpful to have pertinent information ready before calling or stopping by our office:
Service Address-911 Address.
- Social Security Number of all applicants.
- Driver's License Number or State issued picture ID.
- Date of Birth.
- Spouse/Roommate Information.
- Home, work, and cell phone numbers.
- Mailing address if different from service address for billing purposes.
- Email (if applicable).
Having this information available before calling or coming into an office will help ensure your request is processed quickly and correctly.
Advantages of Natural Gas
Natural gas is the best energy choice for people - and the planet we live on. We all look toward a future when renewable energy sources will meet more of our energy needs, but what can all of us do right now? Choosing natural gas for home appliances and business equipment is an environmentally responsible way to get the comfort, reliability and performance you need today.
- Natural gas is more efficient than electricity. More than 90 percent of the energy in natural gas is delivered directly to your home, while less than a third of the energy used to make electricity gets to your home.
- Natural gas performs better. Natural gas appliances heat water faster, dry clothes faster and let you cook more efficiently and precisely.
- Natural gas is the cleanest-burning fossil fuel. Burning natural gas produces 44 percent less carbon dioxide emissions than coal and 22 percent less than fuel oil, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
- Natural gas reduces your carbon footprint. Switching to natural gas appliances can reduce your home's carbon footprint by as much as 40 percent.
- Choosing natural gas promotes energy independence. There is an abundant domestic supply - more than 80 years at current production rates.
- Requires the payment of all footage at $6.00 per foot and a $50 application fee.
To apply online for Natural Gas Service complete the links below:
Use the links below for printable copies that can be returned by mail, or by coming into one of our conveniently located offices in Easley, Seneca, and Williamston.
Mailing address: PO Box 189, Easley, SC 29641.
311 S Pendleton St
Easley, SC 29640
Seneca, SC 29678
701 N. Hamilton St
Williamston, SC 29697
Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm
For new services, where new installation of natural gas service will be required, installation will have to be scheduled through our Engineering Department and will be installed as soon as possible, depending on crew schedules and weather conditions. Appropriate permits from your local county codes office may be required before construction can be scheduled.
Deposits and Fees:
- Any applicant who applies for service from Fort Hill Natural Gas Authority may be required to pay a deposit to ensure settlement of each account.
- For new residential applicants, deposits will be based on results obtained from a required utilities credit check and will be $200.00. If the credit check performed, indicates a good credit history the deposit will be waived.
- For existing or previous residential customers, in-house credit is used to determine if a deposit in needed before connecting service.
- There will be a $50 (non-refundable) fee per meter for service trucks to travel to the location to connect service or to obtain a meter reading.
- Once billing starts, a monthly facility charge will be added to each month's bill.
All deposits will be refunded to the customer after the customer establishes a satisfactory payment history for 12 months. If the customer should receive more than one late charge during this period, the deposit will be held until the account is closed. The deposit will be refunded after payment of the final bill and any other charges incurred.
**All fees and deposits must be paid before the service line will be installed.
Requesting a Meter:
Information needed for a meter set:
- Service address, subdivision, and lot number (if applicable).
- Name and phone number of internal gas pipe installer.
- List of natural gas appliances installed.
Steps for having a meter set:
- Contact a dealer to install natural gas appliances and internal piping once the service line has been installed.
- Contact Fort Hill after the appliances and internal piping have been installed and an air pressure test has been completed.
- A Fort Hill service technician will come out and inspect the appliance installation, perform a code inspection, and set the meter.
- For Anderson County residents: the county will place a green tag when the gas pressure test has passed inspection.
The meter and service line are property of Fort Hill Natural Gas Authority. It is illegal for you to remove the meter or tamper with it. You have the responsibility to give Fort Hill Natural Gas Authority access to the meter in order to read it and maintain it. You must make the meter accessible by keeping if free from obstructions that the utility worker may encounter at your residence. If you have a pet, you should restrain it. If there are other obstacles in the way, you should remove them. Fort Hill Natural Gas Authority personnel will carry identification, which you should ask to see for your protection. Please call Fort Hill Natural Gas Authority immediately if you have questions about the identity of an employee.